Thursday 26 December 2013

Best Multiplayer Games to Play these Holidays

I was planning on having a throrough look at Grand Theft Auto V today, but I am far too hungover. Instead, I'm going to urge you to bust out your old Nintendo 64's because that's the console with the best party games for everyone.

1. Mario Kart 64, you can't go past this one. Before the series started with it's motorbikes and Walguigi but after they learnt to put walls on Rainbow Road, this is a perfectly balanced party game that still holds up today and is one of my all time favourites.

2. GoldenEye, this one is a bit dated, but it should leave a good learning curve for those who think they know FPSs. Paintball mode plus big heads = endless fun.

3. Super Smash Bros, another offering from a series thats getting a bit too top heavy. A smaller cast of the actual famous Nintendo characters means a perfectly balanced game that mixes up the fighter mechanics to make one of the best and original fighters around town.

4. Lylat Wars, known as Starfox 64 in some places. I played this all the time with my three brothers growing up and it's just as good as Mario Kart once you get the hang of it. An underrated gem of a game, only this year was I able to unlock the tank mode for multiplayer fun. Still can't get the on-foot mode though and I lost my copy as well.

5. Mario Party. Show me someone who owned this game and I'll show you someone who doesn't have any working Nintendo 64 controllers. Four players and plenty of alchohol and you're set.


Just a small list from me, now I have to start drinking again because it's only Boxing Day. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Follow Me!
www.facebook.com/psykoticgamer
Twitter: @PsykoticGamer
http://psykoticgamer.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment